SHOW TO SAVE YOUR CELLPHONE FROM WATER DAMAGE
You can consider yourself lucky if you have never dropped your cellphone in water. Cellphone water damage is the most common and potentially the most destructive thing that can happen with your expensive smartphone. The good news is that you can save and recover your smartphone from potential water damage by following a few simple remedies using nothing more than a few common households.
Let us have a look at some of the tips and tricks you can use to save and/or recover your top-notch cellphone from water damage:
• The first and most obvious thing that you need to do is to get it out of the water without wasting any time. The sooner the better, a few seconds can make a big difference in saving and reclaiming your mobile phone.
• The next most important thing you need to do is to quickly turn it OFF. Once the cellphone drops in the water it is understood that it will be turned OFF automatically, but if it hasn't, make sure to do it. Do not turn in ON again to check whether it is alive or not until you have followed all the tips mentioned below. Also make sure to unhook all the other devices like headphones, or USB cables from your cellphone.
• Now is the time to take the phone apart. Slowly and carefully remove the battery, memory card, SIM card, and any other detachable elements like the protective cover and even the screen protector if you see any signs of water bubbles in it.
• The next obvious step is to wipe it down using a towel or a Q-tip. Using a rag, towel, or a Q-tip, you need to carefully blot each individual piece. Once dried, place each of these pieces on a paper towel so that the remaining moisture is completely absorbed. Now it is time to address the water inside your cellphone. This is the time when you need to be very careful as this can be a very tricky task. A lot of the people would just pull out their dryer and try to blow try it immediately, this can be extremely dangers as it can force the water drops to penetrate further inside your smartphone.
• The best way to make sure that all the water droplets inside your phone are absorbed in an efficient way is to use silica gel packets found inside shoeboxes. Now is the time to use those silica packets that come with your new shoes, if you do not have those silica packets, you can use raw/uncooked rice. Take a zip lock bag put enough rice in it to ensure that your cellphone gets completely immersed in it. Make sure that your mobile phone is completely immersed in rice and that the back is air-tight. Leave your cellphone immersed in this bag of rice for at least 48 hours.
• Now you can use your blow-dryer to completely dry your phone. Reassemble all the parts once again and power it ON. If it's your day, you will have your cellphone saved and recovered from water damaged without even taking it to the mobile repair shop.